Director Brand Strategy (Maternity Leave Position)
Note that this role is a maternity leave position for 12 months with a potential for extension. Start as soon as possible.
Grow is a brand development consultancy founded in 2004. From the very beginning, our focus has been on merging strategic and creative thinking to help executives identify and take advantage of growth opportunities. Our expertise covers insight, strategy, culture, innovation, communication, design and tech as we deliver holistic brand experiences that generate demand and create real business value — today and tomorrow.
What we can offer you
You will be part of a team of fun and creative people who are passionate about finding the best possible solution for our clients’ challenges. As a Director Brand Strategy you play a central role in projects and in client relationships, serving as lead strategist and working closely together with your colleagues to grow the client business with new ideas. You will have the chance to take part and take lead in solving strategic challenges and in defining how brands are best positioned, conceptualised and built for future growth and innovation.
Who are you?
- You are the lead strategist in a team. You have the main responsibility for the quality of the strategic work in a project – securing that the strategy meets the expected results and answers to key challenges in ways that are both relevant, pedagogical and inspiring. You are confident and inspiring in leading the strategic process and organizing workshops and client sessions that get inside the minds and worlds of our clients. You have a central role in the Brand Strategy team with your experience and drive, strengthening and building equity into our strategy offering.
- You lead with insight. Your job is mastering both analytics and being a creative problem solver – translating research and insights into directional brand strategies. In your daily work you use insights to understand, analyze and make sense of complex narratives. You effortlessly brief and direct the team around you to further crystallize insights into strategic opportunities. You are curious and never settle for good enough.
- You frame strategic opportunities with clarity and creativity. The business opportunity might be clear, but what enables brands to create change may be more difficult to spot. You connect the dots and make our clients understand and believe in the opportunities we present.
- You’re a trusted advisor. At the end of the day, we make a living by giving the right advice. To do so we need to fully understand the minds of our clients, their business and their aspirations. Still, the right advice isn’t always easy to give and it’s our job to deliver it professionally and with empathy. At other times your job is to engage the client around strategic opportunities and future directions, and you do this convincingly with both trustworthiness and passion.
What will you do?
- (Together with Client Directors / the Grow team) meet with clients to identify needs and assignment potential, translating client briefs into clear and relevant strategy projects with time plans, processes and quotes.
- Lead and direct members of the team – providing relevant briefs, enhancing quality through feedback and securing that the strategic work meets expected results.
- Play a leading role in client relationships – proactively seizing new opportunities and pitching new ideas for how to grow the client’s business.
- Serve as lead strategist in projects and client relationships, making sure the quality of the work is future proof —securing strategic depth, contextual width and creative height.
- Have the main responsibility for strategic project deliveries and deadlines, making sure they are met with great results, striving to exceed expectations of team and client.
- Secure that all strategy work in a project is rooted in Grows holistic brand perspective and that it has the capability to drive and secure a growth-oriented approach.
- Create client presentations and prepare meetings and workshops.
- Lead and participate in interviews, workshops and client sessions with an eye set on future client growth.
- Conclude discussions into action-oriented tasks that pave for next steps, and follow up on them.
- Promote internal presentations of finalized projects and share learnings.
We believe that you:
- Hold a (minimum) BSc in Economics / Marketing / Business or equivalent / higher.
- Have 7+ years of brand/ marketing/ business experience from agencies or from the client side.
- Have experience from team management and leadership in agencies and/or client organisations.
- Have documented experience from creating and delivering brand and business growth strategies for medium to large size international companies.
- Have extensive experience from participating in brand-driven concept creation, concept development, strategic planning and implementation.
- Have excellent presentation skills and documented experience from leading presentations in a creative business context.
- Have attention to detail and a will to exceed expectations.
- Are fluent in Swedish and English both in speech and writing, with excellent command of English.
We do interviews continuously so don't wait to apply.
Do you want to know more about the role? Contact Delara Saleh Ebrahimi email@example.com