Are you passionate about user experience and have an eye for design? Are you looking to hone your skills by designing solutions that create value to our clients? Then join us!
We are Digitalist Group and we have a proposal for you.
We’re currently looking for UX/UI designers to join our our growing design team in Vancouver.
We develop genuine digital turnkey solutions, recognized globally as innovative and creating concrete business value. We live and breathe a co-creation way of working and delivering results for our clients. With the members of the open Digitalist Network and our employees, all our customers will have an excellent chance to watch, learn and participate in the digital revolution in an unseen way. We operate currently in Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland and UK, and serve clients globally through these locations. Digitalist Group is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.
What we propose to you is a smart career move. A career move to an international company with a multicultural mix of professionals with diverse backgrounds. From the seasoned gurus to the eager young talents we all want to move the world forward by developing better digital services. So how about joining forces with our engineers, strategists and innovators in order to build modern service-oriented solutions?
YOUR JOB IN A NUTSHELL
As a User Experience and User Interface Designer, you are first and foremost a team player. Our company’s success manifests through our design-driven and collaborative approach. That means designers are at the heart of every project and help bring ideas to life, from strategy to rollout. We believe in testing, failing, iterating, and experimenting to help you grow.
You’ll ideally have 2-3+ years of digital design experience under your belt, and thrive in a fast-paced agency or consultancy environment. You’ve lived through the different stages of a classic UX process, and have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of visual design and polished aesthetics.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
We are looking for someone with an overall positive outlook on life and work. You will fit right in if you believe in the power of teamwork, deliver on your promises and have the curiosity to continuously seek new approaches and ways to grow. We appreciate that you have a change agent’s mindset and are eager to embrace new technologies and design methodologies. We hope that you have the passion for design, a strong work ethic and nurture valuable connections in your field and community.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work with user insights and client requirements to visualize customer journeys and map user flows
- Produce wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups
- Communicate your ideas and designs to team and to clients
- Participate and support client workshop facilitation
- Ideate solutions with project teams
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-discipline teams
- Ability to discuss with engineers and QA teams, ensuring the quality of the design deliverables
- Good industry experience and work samples
- Eager to embrace new technologies and new design methodologies
- Great personal time management
- Experience with iterative/lo-fidelity prototyping
- Proficiency using tools like Figma, Sketch, Miro or similar
- Experienced with innovative research methodologies and approaches towards design challenges and research
WHAT WE OFFER
- An outstanding team and work culture
- Competitive salary
- Extended health benefits
- Work from home
HOW TO APPLY
Can you see yourself joining us at Digitalist? Fill in the application form and tell us about your skills and what motivates you. We'd love to also see a portfolio (pdf or website) that reflects your personality, your skill level in UX and motivations, visual design and conceptual thinking, as well as your experience implementing user insights.